The BCCA Suggestion Box

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

keithker
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch President
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 969
BCCA Number: 11507
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

The BCCA Suggestion Box

Post by keithker »

During the Oct 20 BCCA Board of Directors meeting, as BCCA Secretary, I received approval to have a BCCA Suggestion Box placed on the webpage. You must be logged in to provide input and is available to members only for the time being. We'll look into having it available for non-members in hopes of having some suggest what we could do better to make somebody want to become a member, either a renewal or a new member....

Here is where you can find the suggestion box https://www.bcca.com/suggestion-box/

The BCCA continuously looks at ways to improve the organization and the hobby we all love. The purpose of the BCCA Suggestion Box is to offer members a means of providing input to improve the organization. Many times ideas/thoughts are discussed at a show but never go beyond the initial discussion. This will hopefully offer a chance for some of those ideas to be codified, tried or implemented.

What it is:
– A means of members providing ideas to the BCCA officers and Board of Director members on ways to improve the organization. Member suggestions can be anonymous or members can include their names and contact information.

– A suggestion made should provide some detail about how the proposer thinks the suggestion should be implemented and if the proposer would like to be involved (i.e. engaged with a committee, etc.) in the implementation.

– A means of allowing the BCCA officers and Board of Director members to understand issues effecting the organization.

What it is not:
– A place to address problems with log-ins or other web related issues. Those should types of issues should be sent directly to the web team to resolve.

The BCCA Secretary will collect the suggestions and direct them to the officers and/or committee chairperson. The BCCA Secretary will also provide feedback and comments to the member if contact information is provided.

conesplus
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 268
eBay name: conesplusneil
Year Started Collecting: 1990
Zodiac:

Re: The BCCA Suggestion Box

Post by conesplus »

Keith,
I am going to play nice, and NOT make a suggestion to this box.
Neil
pinnacle-project
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1111
eBay name: pinnacle-project
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by pinnacle-project »

conesplus wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:27 pm Keith,
I am going to play nice, and NOT make a suggestion to this box.
Neil
Neil,

I am guessing there is some background to this that I am unaware. If my guess is correct, why not offer suggestions? Maybe the last time you expressed an opinion on something different people were on the BCCA board. Or, maybe people have changed their minds on whatever your concern may be. If you feel strongly about something, you should not give up even when those around you tell you are wrong.

Again, I am just guessing. I may be completely misunderstanding your post.

Good luck.

Bryan
Focus: Cones and flats from Michigan, South Bend, and Fort Wayne. Foreign cans only if I bought them myself in the country of origin.

2023 Shows Attended

* Michigan Chapter Winterfest, January 14, Frankenmuth Michigan
* Cabin Fever Reliever, February 24, Mishawaka Indiana
* Buckeye, March 11, Toledo Ohio
* SummerSwap, July 21 & 22, Frankenmuth Michigan
MI-Cans
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1128
United States of America

Post by MI-Cans »

Checked it out.

Looks like one of those typical built in business contact forms. (Never have any luck with those.) And why do they insist on outlines in light gray on white? Us old geezers have difficulty with that combination. Obvious also that any suggestion can be anonymous. There's potential there. But, no provision to attach images if necessary.

(MI-Cans)
Attachments
Suggestion.png
Rand
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 727
BCCA Number: 28177
Year Started Collecting: 1967
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Rand »

.....and if you're required to log in....then it's not anonymous. You might get more honest responses that way.
Rand "The Can't Man" Lindsly....Foot Soldier in the OI Wars....Honorably Discharged
"I'm a solipsist and, I have to say, I'm surprised there aren't more of us."
Acme. Genesee. - Feigenspan Uinta
DaveNH
Deceased
Deceased
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1016
BCCA Number: 6727
eBay name: drt1r5
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by DaveNH »

I think the fact that Keith got the approval to even have a suggestion box whether it's anonymous or not is a good sign. Thanks Keith!!
Thanks. Dave
MI-Cans
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1128
United States of America

Post by MI-Cans »

Anonymity is possible. If the programmer doesn't tie the message to the login then it probably remains anonymous. They do give you the opportunity to include your name and email. I don't think it's a real issue in that you have to belong to the BCCA to participate in the first place. At least we've been given a venue to offer our ideas. That's more than we've ever had in the past. I've already used it. I gave my name and email. Seems to have worked fine.

(MI-Cans)
idigrust
Rusty Bunch Website Administrator
Rusty Bunch Website Administrator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 258
BCCA Number: 27235
eBay name: twinb2
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by idigrust »

MI-Cans wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:34 pm ... why do they insist on outlines in light gray on white? Us old geezers have difficulty with that combination.
Good "Suggestion". Fixed.
Dan Bora - RB Webmaster
foreigncanman
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
BCCA Number: 27960
Canada

Post by foreigncanman »

BrooklynBeer wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:01 pm why would someone need to remain anonymous? The BCCA have hit teams to cull out whistle blowers? They need a membership for those who want old school paper newsletters and those who want web newsletters.
The only tri9cky part with that is if many members opt for the web format the cost of printing a small number may be very large thus making the membership savings less than one would think if we want to keep the dues stable for those who want a paper copy. At least the postage savings could be passed on which would be especially helpful to international members which have dwindled greatly in our club. Tom
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”