Strange meetings

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

John H.
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
Year Started Collecting: 1974
Zodiac:
United States of America

Strange meetings

Post by John H. »

I had a strange experience today. I have a clock guy here in San Diego that works on some of my beer clocks (just the mechanics). He asked me why such an interest? I told him I collect beer stuff. I told him about the club and the shows some of us like to attend. I mentioned out of passing the big shows like Canvention, Blue/Gray, and Spring Thaw. When I mentioned Spring Thaw was held in Mechanicshburg, he laughed and told me he has relatives that live close to the hotel and he visits them every year. Even funnier, when he looked at the website linked to the show, he recognized one of the people at the show, Jeff Lebo! Amazing who you know!

John H.

idigrust
Rusty Bunch Website Administrator
Rusty Bunch Website Administrator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 258
BCCA Number: 27235
eBay name: twinb2
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: Strange meetings

Post by idigrust »

Small world.
Dan Bora - RB Webmaster
Leon
Supreme Rusty Being
Supreme Rusty Being
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 643
BCCA Number: 29171
Year Started Collecting: 1975
United States of America

Re: Strange meetings

Post by Leon »

I was getting my Taxes done about 5+ years ago. was talking to the tax guy about my beer cans, when the guy in next room getting his tax's done heard me & said his brother law or son in law or some kind of relative collected cans. I said oh yeah, What's his name, I know a lot of Beer Can Collectors. He say's Dan Bora, I say oh yeah, I know him & we both say small world. A few weeks ago a guy got high bid on a bottle of mine on ebay, since he lived near Detroit said he'd pick up in Person. When he comes over I show him my cans. He say's I know another guy that collects cans, I say what's his name, he say's forgot but I just redid his house roof about 6 months ago. I say did he live by 21 mi & I-94 (Dan Bora's house) & He say's yeah, How'ed you know, I say I was there when you roof his house & met you there, I said I was the guy you met in his Basement with the bottles, He goes I thought you looked familiar & I said I thought you looked familiar. Small world again.LEON.
FAVORITE SAYING: WHY DUMP LOCALLY & FIND PROGRESS O/I's WHEN I CAN DRIVE A THOUSAND MILES AND FIND NOTHING.
NOT SO FAVORITE SAYING: SOME CRAZY RICH CLOWN OUTBID ME
ANOTHER SAYING: LIGHTS ARE ON BUT NOBODY'S HOME?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”