Online BCCA Board of Directors voting is now available.....voting ends 15 August

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

keithker
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch President
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 969
BCCA Number: 11507
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Online BCCA Board of Directors voting is now available.....voting ends 15 August

Post by keithker »

The BCCA BOD has voted to permit online voting for this years board field of candidates. Here are the details on how to do it. Please make sure:
- You don't use this as an excuse to miss the Canvention General Business Meeting.
- If you vote online, please do not attempt to vote again during the Canvention General Business Meeting
On-Line Voting Notice.png

kruegerbock
BCCA Committee Chair
BCCA Committee Chair
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 775
BCCA Number: 10480
eBay name: kruegerbock
Year Started Collecting: 1976
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: Online BCCA Board of Directors voting is now available.....

Post by kruegerbock »

I saw the voting available on line, but there was a caveat that registered CANvention attendees were not permitted to vote on line.
Last edited by kruegerbock on Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Al Aprea
keithker
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch President
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: Online BCCA Board of Directors voting is now available.....voting ends 15 August

Post by keithker »

@kruegerbock Al....correct...I forgot to point that out..

So if you are already registered for Canvention do not vote online.....

At the very least go to the online voting and get a good read ahead on the nominees so that when you get to Canvention you have some insight into the candidates.......also take the time to thank those that are willing to commit their time to be actively involved......
Sea Monkey
RB Raffle Coordinator
RB Raffle Coordinator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 958
BCCA Number: 33638
eBay name: Pollywoggray
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: Online BCCA Board of Directors voting is now available.....voting ends 15 August

Post by Sea Monkey »

I VOTED!
Scott Gray
BCCA# 33638 / RB# 958 / Qwarts-R-Us #8 / Iron Guts #6
MI-Cans
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1128
United States of America

Post by MI-Cans »

TO THE BCCA HIERARCHY THAT VISIT THIS SITE...

I voted today…or at least I think I did.

After casting my one vote for the one candidate that I would like to see join the Board, the red button under the list of candidates is changed to “REVOTE”? I think that’s confusing as heck! I hit the red button and it asks if I want to change my vote(s) and start over. I select no and it goes back to the red “REVOTE” button! If I select the wrong box, I can re-select it and the check mark goes away. What’s so hard about that? Please stop OVERTHINKING this stuff.

Why can’t a statement pop up with something like the last time I did an online vote. THANK YOU FOR VOTE. YOUR BALLOT HAS BEEN CAST AND RECORDED. And almost immediately an email was sent to me acknowledging my vote and thanking me. I got no email this time nor was my vote confirmed. I visited a couple of hours later and went to the voting link and my candidate’s box was still checked off and the “REVOTE” monkey was still there.

I would also like to see a change in the voting process. Why do I need four votes when only one person is being elected? Hall of fame… you allowed two votes…only one got in. If I have a primary candidate that I want in there, why should I cast the other three votes for his/her opponents? The Can of the Year is one vote for one can. Announce how many are being chosen and allow only that many votes regardless of the number of candidates. (Or is there a reason you don't announce how many are getting in?)

Finally, I am tired of logging in twice because the BCCA site can’t recognize that I have Cookies enabled! This goes back to before the current “new version” website even began. I have discovered this. If I login via Microsoft Internet Explorer, no problem. Make the entries one time and I’m in. If I log in via Firefox (my browser of choice) I always have to do it twice. Additionally, in between the first entry and the second re-entry, I do nothing to my cookies setup. And my second login is recognized like it has no problem with the cookies. Please fix this once and FOREVER!!!

(MI-Cans)
Attachments
BOD Vote.png
Login.png
idigrust
Rusty Bunch Website Administrator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 258
BCCA Number: 27235
eBay name: twinb2
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by idigrust »

The revote vote button is there because you can change your vote if you wish until August 15th.

The voting tool I'm using doesn't send an email, sorry about that.

Read this solution about the cookie issue, let me know if it works or not.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1059095
Dan Bora - RB Webmaster
aussieguinnessman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 898
BCCA Number: 30861
eBay name: oncall1594
Year Started Collecting: 1981
Australia

Post by aussieguinnessman »

MI-Cans wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:50 pm Hall of fame… you allowed two votes…only one got in.

(MI-Cans)
Two were voted in to the HOF last year !
Looking for any Guinness Items and any Continental Can Company items
Will be at 2024 BCCA CANvention in Little Rock.
RB #898
BCCA #30861
Echuca, Australia
Sea Monkey
RB Raffle Coordinator
RB Raffle Coordinator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 958
BCCA Number: 33638
eBay name: Pollywoggray
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Sea Monkey »

@MI-Cans I was at the BOD meeting at the Zion Crossroads show about 2 weeks ago. There was discussion on whether online voting was should be allowed, period. They decided to move forward with online voting fully knowing that it might not go totally smoothly. Please bear with them as they smooth things out as they go. I'm sure all feedback is welcome.

I "Think" there is 4 seats open for new/incumbent BOD members. That is why you are allowed to vote for up to 4 members. If you vote for less than 4 that is OK too.
Scott Gray
BCCA# 33638 / RB# 958 / Qwarts-R-Us #8 / Iron Guts #6
kruegerbock
BCCA Committee Chair
BCCA Committee Chair
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 775
BCCA Number: 10480
eBay name: kruegerbock
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by kruegerbock »

There are four seats to be filled at the meeting for two year terms beginning in September (technically late August) 2018.

Jim Wolf is stepping down after serving several terms. Jerry Cole is stepping down after one term. Tom Fay and Dave Gausepohl are both running again, having served several terms on the board. Now *your* chance to influence the future of the hobby by electing between two and four new board members (although I believe Don Hardy was a board member in the 90's).

I am pleasantly surprised that the Board allowed on-line voting to occur. The club has allowed absentee ballots to be mailed in (still an option) in the past, but very few people took advantage of the opportunity. Since only about 20% of the membership attends CANvention, I think this is a great opportunity for the majority of the membership to participate in this election. I encourage each of you to reach out to the candidates, especially any that you may not know, and vote accordingly.

So let's set the record for the number of votes cast in a BCCA board election.
-Al Aprea
MI-Cans
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
United States of America

Post by MI-Cans »

Dan,
I will try that fix at my earliest chance and let you know. Over the past many years, I've removed and re-installed different versions of Firefox but will try the additional steps.

Personally, I liked the previous voting version. I thought it was flawless. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44507#p380357

Keith,
You're absolutely correct. Congratulations on that well-deserved honor. In the 46 years of HoF awards, there were two honorees in the same year only 8 times. It was my mistake to assume that there's generally one one inducted each year. I think the BCCA could explain what is the criteria used to determine whether its one inductee or two inductees. If that criteria is not met and I cast two votes, my second vote might help elect my primary choice's opponent. I think that everyone should cast just one vote. If there's a specific spread between the first and second vote getters then, maybe two can be inducted.

Scott & Al,
Appreciate your comments. I think the online voting was a long time dream of a lot of members. I'm glad it's there and I'm sure all the bugs will be minor and fixed. All voting information should include how many people will be elected to whatever honor, and that just wasn't the case here.

Thanks for all the responses.

(MI-Cans)
Last edited by MI-Cans on Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pinnacle-project
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1111
eBay name: pinnacle-project
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by pinnacle-project »

This is my first year in the BCCA. In the past, was the only voting option using snail mail or could people vote in person at shows?
Focus: Cones and flats from Michigan, South Bend, and Fort Wayne. Foreign cans only if I bought them myself in the country of origin.

2023 Shows Attended

* Michigan Chapter Winterfest, January 14, Frankenmuth Michigan
* Cabin Fever Reliever, February 24, Mishawaka Indiana
* Buckeye, March 11, Toledo Ohio
* SummerSwap, July 21 & 22, Frankenmuth Michigan
idigrust
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by idigrust »

The BOD voting takes place during the General Business meeting at CANvention, you could send in an absentee ballot via snail mail. This is the 1st year for Absentee Online Voting.

Any suggestions for making it better/easier for next year will be appreciated.
Dan Bora - RB Webmaster
idigrust
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by idigrust »

MI-Cans wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:14 am
Personally, I liked the previous voting version. I thought it was flawless. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44507#p380357

(MI-Cans)
This new version ensures a member can only vote for themselves and not fill out numerous forms with other member names that may want to vote but don't get online to do it.
Dan Bora - RB Webmaster
thatsus02
BCCA Vice President
BCCA Vice President
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1050
BCCA Number: 32806
eBay name: thatsus02
Year Started Collecting: 1990
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by thatsus02 »

MI-Cans wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:50 pm TO THE BCCA HIERARCHY THAT VISIT THIS SITE...

I voted today…or at least I think I did.

After casting my one vote for the one candidate that I would like to see join the Board, the red button under the list of candidates is changed to “REVOTE”? I think that’s confusing as heck! I hit the red button and it asks if I want to change my vote(s) and start over. I select no and it goes back to the red “REVOTE” button! If I select the wrong box, I can re-select it and the check mark goes away. What’s so hard about that? Please stop OVERTHINKING this stuff.

Why can’t a statement pop up with something like the last time I did an online vote. THANK YOU FOR VOTE. YOUR BALLOT HAS BEEN CAST AND RECORDED. And almost immediately an email was sent to me acknowledging my vote and thanking me. I got no email this time nor was my vote confirmed. I visited a couple of hours later and went to the voting link and my candidate’s box was still checked off and the “REVOTE” monkey was still there.

I would also like to see a change in the voting process. Why do I need four votes when only one person is being elected? Hall of fame… you allowed two votes…only one got in. If I have a primary candidate that I want in there, why should I cast the other three votes for his/her opponents? The Can of the Year is one vote for one can. Announce how many are being chosen and allow only that many votes regardless of the number of candidates. (Or is there a reason you don't announce how many are getting in?)

Finally, I am tired of logging in twice because the BCCA site can’t recognize that I have Cookies enabled! This goes back to before the current “new version” website even began. I have discovered this. If I login via Microsoft Internet Explorer, no problem. Make the entries one time and I’m in. If I log in via Firefox (my browser of choice) I always have to do it twice. Additionally, in between the first entry and the second re-entry, I do nothing to my cookies setup. And my second login is recognized like it has no problem with the cookies. Please fix this once and FOREVER!!!

(MI-Cans)
ED
you have the choice to vote for as many as 4 Board of Director candidates as four will be seated for the next two years.

Also the Hall of Fame ask for as many as two but you can vote for only one. If there is a tie two make it.

Thanks for voting.
President, Michigan Chapter of the BCCA / NABA
MI-Cans
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
United States of America

Post by MI-Cans »

Clayton,
I've gone back and added three more votes for three additional candidates I'd like to see on the Board. Until this thread, they never said how many are going to be put in those positions. When they say cast up to 4 votes, that's kinda vague. Just takes two sentences to clear it all up. "FOUR PEOPLE WILL BE ELECTED. YOU MAY CAST UP TO FOUR VOTES." That's plain and simple to understand.

Now, the HoF vote. They ARE allowing up to two votes being cast (see pics). They never state how many will be elected nor have they explained (to my knowledge) how two people are are selected under what circumstances. I assume that when you cast your ballot, your first choice would be who you think is MOST deserving of the honor. Now, if it's a close vote, maybe that second vote you cast will put another candidate ahead of the one you thought was MOST deserving. They need to change the process to one vote regardless of how many candidates are announced. (It's that way for the CoY!) Candidate with most votes gets in. In the event of a tie, both get in. That's my opinion. I think that's pretty simple way to do it. I'd like someone from the BCCA to explain why they want two votes allowed for the HoF voting. Please explain that reasoning.

Now going back to 1993, they (the BCCA) have held a raffle for those that voted. It started with Totes and a years membership in the BCCA being given away. Now they're giving away two $40 BCCA gift certificates to use towards membership or the online store. Have any of you ever seen them announce who won these raffles? I'd like to see a list of all the winners going back to 1993.

(MI-Cans)
Attachments
VoteInstructions.png
VoteInstructions 02.png
Beverlx
RB Treasurer
RB Treasurer
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 677
BCCA Number: 18483
eBay name: beverlx
Year Started Collecting: 1977
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Beverlx »

I wrote what I hope was a nice email to the BCCA office noting an axiom: if you want someone to go somewhere online, give them a link.

Even if that link stumbles for a moment at a login page, you still have increased the number of people who will actually follow through.

To end on a positive note: we are, as a hobby, looking more and more like we've entered the 21st century. Even the BCCA. Progress is everywhere.
keithker
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch President
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by keithker »

@MI-Cans @Beverlx Edski and Bill....greatly appreciate the comments and feedback. This is always the best way to keep trying to improve the process.

Edski - The drawings are held at the CANvention. I'm sure if I had a copy to the previous notes from the General Business meetings from past CANventions, I might be able to actually provide you names. At the moment I do not have access to those past note but as inbound Secretary will have a need to see them. I'll see what I can find out. Agree that the information on how votes are cast for HOF is not clear enough and maybe next year that could be added as supplemental reading when the voting opens. Agree that the amounts of votes cast for the online BOD procedures could have been confusing but we hope to be able to improve on that process. It was great to see the process of getting it in on such short notice was addressed quickly and didn't linger in a "committee" for debate. Tom Legeret Chair of the Nominating Committee was instrumental in making it happen as swiftly as it did.

Bill - Concur that a link should have been provided and will include that into the feedback to improve on the system.
Beverlx
RB Treasurer
RB Treasurer
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Beverlx »

keithker wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:48 am @MI-Cans @Beverlx
Bill - Concur that a link should have been provided and will include that into the feedback to improve on the system.

https://www.bcca.com/bod-vote/ :smt030
Beverlx
RB Treasurer
RB Treasurer
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Beverlx »

In related news, there's a parent volunteer handling communications for my daughter's soccer team and she never includes a link on anything, and I'm about to murder her.
idigrust
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by idigrust »

Beverlx wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:23 am In related news, there's a parent volunteer handling communications for my daughter's soccer team and she never includes a link on anything, and I'm about to murder her.
Note to self: always include a link when emailing Bill if you value your life. :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:
Dan Bora - RB Webmaster
thatsus02
BCCA Vice President
BCCA Vice President
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1050
BCCA Number: 32806
eBay name: thatsus02
Year Started Collecting: 1990
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by thatsus02 »

Ed
Yes they draw or announce the winners of the drawing at the general business meeting at CANvention.

I hope to bring a couple things about the HOF and CAn voting to the table if I am on the board. Seems there is room for improvement in some of this process. I think mainly things get regurgitated year after year without closer inspection. Maybe we can remedy some of this.
President, Michigan Chapter of the BCCA / NABA
antibgleague
Sta-Tab
Sta-Tab

Post by antibgleague »

Once again time to show up and cause problems!

Out with the old, and in with the new!!!

It's a revolution baby. Unseat the incumbents!

Up the Irons!

-League
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”