Microsoft Office Document Scanning problems

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

shawn1254
Sta-Tab
Sta-Tab
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
Year Started Collecting: 1900
New Zealand

Microsoft Office Document Scanning problems

Post by shawn1254 »

I have a strange issue with a document feeder;

I am running Windows XP SP3 and Office 2007 Professional. I have a document feeder scanner that I use with MS Office document scanning.

When I press the scan button (on the scanner) it proceeds to open both MS Office document scanning AND the scanner and camera wizard. I do not want the scanner and camera wizard to open because it overrides MS document imaging.

Now, I know what you are thinking. Just check the properties of the scanner in control panel, go to events, and tell it to open the MS Office document scanning application when pressing the scan button, right? Still does the same thing - it opens both applications and forces me to use the scanner and camera wizard, which requires me to select the quality and paper size every time I run a sheet through (not efficient for multiple sheets).

I have reinstalled the driver for the scanner and have reinstalled Office. I have deleted the user profile and thinking it was a problem with the profile environment; still no luck. I can't uninstall the scanner and camera wizard for obvious reasons.

Reinstalling OS is not an option.

My only other hope is some registry adjustment I can make to disable any association with the scanner and camera wizard.

If anyone has experienced this issue or have any ideas to resolve it, please share with me!

Thank you.

Professional Bulk scanning service

Return to “General Discussion”