Bock Lids

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

keithker
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch President
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 969
BCCA Number: 11507
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: Bock Lids

Post by keithker »

@MI-Cans Edski....Randy was presented with the Rusty Bunch Presidential award at the Spring Thaw RB meeting so he knows his efforts do not go unnoticed.....
RandyAward.png
RandyAward.png (209.48 KiB) Viewed 1043 times

MI-Cans
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1128
United States of America

Post by MI-Cans »

Keith,

Thanks. That's well deserved.

(MI-Cans)
mrlager428
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
Year Started Collecting: 1973
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by mrlager428 »

zoinkss wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:39 am Here are my bock lid cans. 3 were full. The Bohemian was part of a full 6 pack. The Hi Brau pull tab and the Weber were found full. I paid $100 for the full Bohemian. I paid $150 for the Weber. Only because they were full and I emptied the beer. I don't think I would have paid that high had they not been full.

The rest just have a bock lid. The Hi Brau flat is the only one that is air sealed and may have been relidded.
Verification is the key. Some of the older bock lids have the canning codes on them. If the can is from continental and the lid is from Am Can... pretty sure its a relid or doner lid. This happened recently to a friend who purchased his on ebay and saw the lid and sent it back. The picture did not have the full lid shown,,, just the Bock portion.

"In rust we trust" will help us document these. I have seen several bock doner lids. They all have cracked rims on the lids and were bumpy. Lifting the lid at the seam will reveal if the can has a doner lid.
There were several 333 Pilsner cans found with bock lids that were either short or relidded. I think this is an ad on CL with one. I asked for pics of the lids, I never get a response.
https://appleton.craigslist.org/clt/d/b ... 36718.html
bocklids.jpg

Those are Really Cool!!....Thanks for Sharing!!
Collector of Wisconsin Cans.Looking for Pabst Bock Zip from Milwaukee.Milwaukee Valley,Rib Mountian and any Gettelman Picnic Series Cans in Grade 2/2- that held Beer.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”