Not sure what to say when somebody decides to be delinquent for months for a Chapter event

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

keithker
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch President
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 969
BCCA Number: 11507
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Not sure what to say when somebody decides to be delinquent for months for a Chapter event

Post by keithker »

The 2017....yes 2017 RB Fantasy Football League ended months ago.....Real real sad when the NFL draft is a few weeks away and yet some has yet to resolve/pay his debt in this great RB Fantasy Football League.....the real shame is his payment would have gone to the members since I won and asked that the cans be donated to the Chapter raffle prizes.....

If you decide to participate any any RB event with an expected payment....please follow through on that payment....

Beamer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 800
eBay name: beamer911
United States of America

Re: Not sure what to say when somebody decides to be delinquent for month for a Chapter event

Post by Beamer »

Sorry to hear this Keith. Last time I played, I did some dumb stuff but still paid out. I can send some cans to help make things right.
keithker
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch President
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: Not sure what to say when somebody decides to be delinquent for months for a Chapter event

Post by keithker »

@Beamer Thanks for the response but hope the member still ponies up
Beamer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 800
eBay name: beamer911
United States of America

Re: Not sure what to say when somebody decides to be delinquent for months for a Chapter event

Post by Beamer »

Okay. Cool
Sweeperman
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 918
BCCA Number: 12507
eBay name: sweeperman10
Year Started Collecting: 1974
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Sweeperman »

WOW!!!! You can't private message me for an explanation on what troubles I'm going though? Just easier for you to post some Bulls#*t about a time frame to settle up base on what you think. I had informed the commissioner that my Mother In Law was on her deathbed the week the season ended. She died 2 weeks later. My wife has not taken it very well at all. My father in law who is elderly and has three daughters, one being my wife, needed constant help. Being the only male in his life, I was called upon to help sort out his personal belongings for his daughters.

Now in the middle of all this I knew I needed to get my cans out to the "whiner" or winner. However because of the length of time that has passed I was planning on sending one of the several Fall City OD cans I have as my payout to make up for my delay. But, because apparently, the NFL draft is a few weeks away, and someone has decided that the NFL draft is our payout deadline, I will forward all the cans that I was awarded for my second place finish. That will be the fastest resolution to this drama of a manufactured can scandal.

Once the cans are received maybe Keith can be Real real happy instead of Real real sad, and I can get back to what looks to be about 1 more week of helping my family.
sweeperman /// Collector of Kentucky cans....
Sweeperman
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Sweeperman »

Thanks Mike for offering. It won't be necessary. I'm just going to forward the boxes I won and be done with this.

I won't make excuses for my tardiness because I am late, except to offer an explanation which you can find above.

With our clubs capability of contacting any member by Private message and that member receiving an email telling them that they have received a private message, it's sad Keith decided to take the time to post 2 separate threads instead of just contacting me directly.

Class move by our President.
keithker
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch President
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by keithker »

@Sweeperman Let me start by saying that I'm saddened to hear about the events that have had a resounding impact on your life. I was aware there were some issues quite some time ago but not the full details.

I meant no disrespect by how I notified the board. I'm not a sore loser since as I had indicated from the onset that the winnings were donated to the Chapter so it wasn't me that felt let down. It was the Chapter. I'm not sure what a private message would have accomplished since the Commissioner @Sea Monkey had taken the time back in early March to send you one that was not replied to. A posting in the forum was made on 26 Jan about the payout but no response was ever received.

Timing is what it is because Spring Thaw is next week and it would have been beneficial to have the payout to be used for other members in the punchboard or can giveaways at the RB meeting. Sorry to hear that you will now change your can selection for the Chapter because you believe I've turned this into a beer can scandal. Please send any payout to Steve Gordon 3821 Queen Mary Drive Olney MD 20832-2103

Fellow members take personal time to set up other events (NASCAR, etc.) where payouts are expected when the event concludes. Those members should not have to take additional time ensuring that all payouts are settled. That falls on those that agree at the onset to those terms.

Again apologize for the way I addressed the issue and hope things turn for the best.
Wrestling Nut
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1131
BCCA Number: 34647
eBay name: wrestlingnutbrad
Year Started Collecting: 2013
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Wrestling Nut »

Conflict Resolution:

1. All sides admit mistakes made.
2. One 'gut punch' each given to the other.
3. Shake hands.
4. Drink a minimum of one beer together.
5. Delete thread and agree to never speak of it again.

Problem solved, you're both welcome.
A true friend will lie for you but not to you.
Sea Monkey
RB Raffle Coordinator
RB Raffle Coordinator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 958
BCCA Number: 33638
eBay name: Pollywoggray
Year Started Collecting: 1976
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Sea Monkey »

Jim,
I too am sorry for the rough times you are going through. In Keith’s defense you indicated to me your issues in a Feb 10 PM and that you would pay within a couple of days. I also sent you another PM on March 3rd that was sitting in my out box until this morning. I know what you are going through as my Mother in Law passed away just before Christmas. Keith and I have been in contact for months about the status of the league. We gave you more than enough time to sort things out but at some point you have to move to the next level. You will notice above that your name was not used. That was by design.

Bottom line is our season ended close to 4 months ago and you could have settled up at any time. Blaiming Keith for your non payment is just wrong. PM’s have been ineffective as noted above. We have been more than sympathetic to your situation as we have given you more than a MONTH longer to pay than the last longest person to pay. Please keep in mind that it is not the Chapters responsibility to keep hounding you to pay but it is YOUR responsibility to take care of your business yourself.
Scott Gray
BCCA# 33638 / RB# 958 / Qwarts-R-Us #8 / Iron Guts #6
Sweeperman
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Sweeperman »

"Bottom line is our season ended close to 4 months ago"

Total exaggeration. Its not even April yet. Season ended in January, the payout post was later in January. My math says less than 3 months ago (2 months and a couple weeks at best).

This was never going to be a non payment issue, so I have not blamed Keith for anything much less for "my non payment" I was just responding to a post that was indicating something about me that was not true.

When you have to start your tread off with NOT SURE WHAT TO SAY..... maybe that should be your clue to just not say anything.

The cans are going out today. The same two boxes I received.

I apologize for letting this get to this point

Now take advise #5 above, but I'm game for #2 if you are!
Senator Seebs
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 936
BCCA Number: 24174
eBay name: Seebs397
Year Started Collecting: 1979
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Senator Seebs »

Where is the great peacemaker Stormy Daniels when you need her? Glad you boys worked it out. Prost!
Senator Seebs - Beer Can Mule
Long Haul Can trucker
jeffandjennyhaslauer@yahoo.com

IGU #4
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”