RB HOF Selection Poll now in Members Section

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

keithker
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch President
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 969
BCCA Number: 11507
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

RB HOF Selection Poll now in Members Section

Post by keithker »

Fellow members....please take the time to read up on each of the nominees. What a field of names this year and one can only ask why some have not already been winners in the past. I have done my best to try and paint a picture for past members that many current members might not know of and are afraid to select. Voting ends midnight on 10 March.

Please ask questions or search in the RB forum just to learn more about each one....

Winners should be present or past members that have had an impression either actively with the Chapter through direct support, been a forefather to this great digging hobby and made a substantial impact on the hobby and others within the RB Chapter.

The 2x RB HOF winners will be presented at the Spring Thaw RB meeting or at the Canvention in Omaha if the selectee is not present at the Spring Thaw show. Winners can also include those no longer with us (posthumously). We will coordinate that the plaques are presented to a family representative for those that get selected posthumously.

Randy Karasek
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 636
BCCA Number: 0
Year Started Collecting: 1974
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: RB HOF Selection Poll now in Members Section

Post by Randy Karasek »

keithker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:14 pm Winners can also include those no longer with us (posthumously). We will coordinate that the plaques are presented to a family representative for those that get selected posthumously.
This is the part that concerns me the most. Hobby was already older, and getting older very fast. Simply look at the number of collectors who have passed recent months. I don't have right answer, but my opinion there still needs to be more aggressive honor of some old time RB contributors before only option is posthumously.
keithker
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 969
BCCA Number: 11507
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: RB HOF Selection Poll now in Members Section

Post by keithker »

@Randy Karasek We will be revisiting this topic (only two selections per year) during the Spring Thaw Rusty Bunch meeting....I believe the evidence (current line-up of nominees on and some not on the current list) warrants some serious discussion.....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”