Is it me? BCCA renewal

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

HiNeighbor
Rust Master
Rust Master
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1156
BCCA Number: 30989
eBay name: nerevs
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Is it me? BCCA renewal

Post by HiNeighbor »

Trying to log on to the BCCA site to renew my membership online. Not sure if I'm the only one on the planet that runs into this, but what I thought was my password doesn't work. Tried to submit a equest to the BCCA to get my password but keep getting a pop up that says I have to register to send the message. This, of course, requires my password to do so. Maybe it's me...

Anybody have any ideas?
thanks and Happy Thanksgiving
Last edited by HiNeighbor on Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Greg Theberge
Always looking for the rare or unusual piece of Breweriana from Rhode Island
Lovegun
Former Officer
Former Officer
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 699
BCCA Number: 3197
eBay name: Lovegun1959
Year Started Collecting: 1936
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: Is it me? BCCA renewal

Post by Lovegun »

I mail mine in, mostly because of I just roll that way, old school, you know. Kevin Kious works at the office during the week, so maybe give him a call and he can hook you up. He's a good dude!
Greg Gromosiak-RB#699 B.C.C.A.#3197
Former Rusty Bunch President, Current Editor, Miami Valley Guzzelette
scrabble1959@yahoo.com

Turning dirt since 1972

Looking for either Red Top "Old Cincinnati" Beer O.I.!!!!
Sea Monkey
RB Raffle Coordinator
RB Raffle Coordinator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 958
BCCA Number: 33638
eBay name: Pollywoggray
Year Started Collecting: 1976
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Sea Monkey »

I agree with Greg, Kevin in the office has helped me out several times. I would like to meet him in person and buy him a beer!
Scott Gray
BCCA# 33638 / RB# 958 / Qwarts-R-Us #8 / Iron Guts #6
Rand
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 727
BCCA Number: 28177
Year Started Collecting: 1967
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Rand »

To actually comment on your observation......yes......it is a problem.....search this forum and there's a constant hammering of BCCA on their hideous inability to do anything computer/internet related. Of special note would be comments by me and Randy K. While yes, we can snail mail this stuff in, remember the other thing this forum hammers on......the lack of new blood in the hobby. I promise you the "new blood" isn't going to be impressed with a need to "rock it old school" with the US mail . When the national organization for this hobby can't engage with the Gen X, GenY/Milennials etc......in the way they want to communicate..... BCCA will die as we all die. There may be a new organization that springs up to address the needs of the new collectors.....but it won't be BCCA unless they get new blood in there.

You can read some of this hammering here.....included is a link back to 2005 when the BCCA was promising to work on their website then:

viewtopic.php?f=1&p=287783" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rand "The Can't Man" Lindsly....Foot Soldier in the OI Wars....Honorably Discharged
"I'm a solipsist and, I have to say, I'm surprised there aren't more of us."
Acme. Genesee. - Feigenspan Uinta
Lovegun
Former Officer
Former Officer
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 699
BCCA Number: 3197
eBay name: Lovegun1959
Year Started Collecting: 1936
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Lovegun »

Rand wrote:To actually comment on your observation......yes......it is a problem.....search this forum and there's a constant hammering of BCCA on their hideous inability to do anything computer/internet related. Of special note would be comments by me and Randy K. While yes, we can snail mail this stuff in, remember the other thing this forum hammers on......the lack of new blood in the hobby. I promise you the "new blood" isn't going to be impressed with a need to "rock it old school" with the US mail . When the national organization for this hobby can't engage with the Gen X, GenY/Milennials etc......in the way they want to communicate..... BCCA will die as we all die. There may be a new organization that springs up to address the needs of the new collectors.....but it won't be BCCA unless they get new blood in there.

You can read some of this hammering here.....included is a link back to 2005 when the BCCA was promising to work on their website then:

viewtopic.php?f=1&p=287783" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I hear you Rand! I am,by no way, advocating "snail mail" as a way to impress anyone. Just taking the best avenue under the circumstances to renew my dues. :santa:
Greg Gromosiak-RB#699 B.C.C.A.#3197
Former Rusty Bunch President, Current Editor, Miami Valley Guzzelette
scrabble1959@yahoo.com

Turning dirt since 1972

Looking for either Red Top "Old Cincinnati" Beer O.I.!!!!
HiNeighbor
Rust Master
Rust Master
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by HiNeighbor »

Just for the record, I'm certainily not slamming the BCCA. It anything, it's my fault for not remembering my password (I probably have over ten of them for various things). I'm just trying to figure out how I can pay my dues online.
Greg Theberge
mountainrust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 820
Ireland

Post by mountainrust »

It's only $10 to join the Rusty Bunch! :smt064 Way more bang for your buck.
HiNeighbor
Rust Master
Rust Master
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by HiNeighbor »

I agree! Let me see if I can find a place to join online. I'm all in.

Edited to say that I just sent payment to paypal. Either I hopefully joined or some guy in Peru with a rusty car just got some gas money.
Greg Theberge
Mark (expired)
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 692
BCCA Number: 27935
eBay name: markintheglen
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Mark (expired) »

I am not sure how young my blood is ... but I do know that the BCCA leadership is not at all happy with the current state of the website. I don't know the long story, but I think it goes something like a couple of years ago it was decided to remake the site, they hired a person with reasonable credentials who didn't turn out to be able to do it for some reason or another. After many rounds of back and forth, they went to another person who is getting it together but now "we" are having some issues with how the current one is set up and how to get some things shifted over? As a recently resuscitated Board Member, the website is highest on my list to get right.
Expired once again in Portland ...
Still musing about cans
mountainrust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 820
Ireland

Post by mountainrust »

HiNeighbor wrote:I agree! Let me see if I can find a place to join online. I'm all in.

Edited to say that I just sent payment to paypal. Either I hopefully joined or some guy in Peru with a rusty car just got some gas money.
Good one. I've been to Peru, and they have some nice offgrade vehicles there :cool: Welcome aboard! :smt023
Sweeperman
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 918
BCCA Number: 12507
eBay name: sweeperman10
Year Started Collecting: 1974
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Sweeperman »

I hate to even comment but feel I must.

I visited the BCCA website to see who the new officers and board members are and who's now running the club. I see as expected….nothing useful or current.

Unless the term lengths for the officers and board go to December 31st the homepage, the 1st page of the site is outdated. That says a lot about the club.

I was looking to see if all the members who were running for the first time for the BCCA board won or not. I know there were several RB members who were on the ballot. I still don't know, maybe I can look in the magazine. We had 5 members running for 4 spots. Three of the 4 members would have been new to the BCCA board. Did we elect all 3 of the new name? I would hope so…otherwise we WILL get more of the same old same old CR@P in these important areas.

Let's at least see if we can get the very basic information current on the website that we have, before we go into a full blown redo of the site.
Last edited by Sweeperman on Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sweeperman /// Collector of Kentucky cans....
Wrestling Nut
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1131
BCCA Number: 34647
eBay name: wrestlingnutbrad
Year Started Collecting: 2013
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Wrestling Nut »

mountainrust wrote:It's only $10 to join the Rusty Bunch! :smt064 Way more bang for your buck.
Absolutely correct! As others have stated, the site is almost useless and killing anyone 'young blood' from joining the hobby. I will not send them a dime. A new and useful club should be able to crush them in 24 months easily. Anyone interested??? I'll sign up now as your member #2. (Assuming you would like #1.)
A true friend will lie for you but not to you.
Mabel Another
Rust Master
Rust Master
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1054
BCCA Number: 6675
eBay name: oliverlindsay
Zodiac:

Post by Mabel Another »

Before you anyone or maybe everyone starts ragging on the BCCA. Please let me share my viewpoint.

The BCCA was the glue that held this hobby together for so many years that when I, and imagine others, and hopefully newbie’s want information; it is a starting point. Not sure I would have found the Rusty Bunch without it. Not 100 percent true since I did find a contingent at Frankenmuth (which is another ‘old school” institution that is going through changes). But look what “forum” is on the BCCA loading page, come on RB gets hits from that.

I am not sure the BCCA value; especially with the new membership rate. Is worth it compared to RB or many chapters? Hell I just joined Old Crown and that was due to Great Marketing, Leroy and the boys have a $5 membership and you get in a raffle for a neon. Just sayin, BCCA could be more creative for 40 bucks a head! But wait a minute if I wasn’t a member then I couldn’t legally get Longopener's cool stories on beer cans and I would pay more for Milwaukee over Labor Day weekend (another issue).

In closing, political organizations suck and trust me I have been employed by them for a couple decades but they are survivalist and society does need them. I heard the RB guys didn’t do as well as we all hoped in Dallas well Dallas is behind us and Milwaukee is in the future. If you guys are so inclined please run I again, or more RB get on the ballot, I will be present to vote, god willing, and I assume better attendance will create more RB votes. Get your media campaigns going via the web site and emails. Promise a rusty can in every voters maibox!

Really in closing, web sites suck as well, and are normally a notable percentage of business expense. Everyone knows, or should know, Bora and some of his techie buddies keep us alive. If something happens to Dan the group will not be happy with the potential expenses for the all the stuff he does out of love of rust.

Sincerely,
Oliver (Mabel) Lindsay
Drunk in Cinnci, prepping for Queen City show
I'd rather have a free bottle in front of me than a prefrontal lobotomy
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”