Metro Gorgichuk

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

roosterman
Cone Top
Cone Top
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
Year Started Collecting: 1982
Canada

Metro Gorgichuk

Post by roosterman »

I received an email today informing me that long time collector Metro Gorgichuk passed yesterday. I hope it isn't poor form to announce such things on a public forum but this one is hitting me a little hard. I need to talk about it for a bit. I met Metro when I joined Trillium Chapter in 1984. Metro has been one of those fixtures of the club that has always been there. Always friendly. Always funny. Always generous. Always had a good story. For decades he had an open house on Thursday nights to watch Blue Jays games with the boys. Trade a few beers cans, grill each other with Jays trivia and watching the game. He even had Wayne Gretzkys's dad Walter over for a Thursday evening. I don't recall him missing a Toronto show ever. A few years back, the Trillium boys surprised Metro on his 80th birthday by putting Metro's face on a Labatt 50 label and relabelling an entire case, then resealing the case so as go be a surprise to Metro when he opened it. Boy oh boy was he surprised. He was cherished by the whole Trillium membership. Metro will be missed. For the boys who will be in Kingston in a few weeks for the Canadian Brewery Collectible show, we will be sure to raise a glass to a fine man, and a good friend.

Trillium chapter member #58 in the heart of Muskoka
idigrust
Rusty Bunch Website Administrator
Rusty Bunch Website Administrator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 258
BCCA Number: 27235
eBay name: twinb2
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: Metro Gorgichuk

Post by idigrust »

Sorry to hear the news. If you have a photo please post in the Collectors No Longer With Us so we can keep the memory alive.
viewtopic.php?f=252&t=30738
Dan Bora - RB Webmaster
dumper5
Deceased
Deceased
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 319
BCCA Number: 27267
eBay name: dumper5
Year Started Collecting: 1968
Zodiac:

Re: Metro Gorgichuk

Post by dumper5 »

Metro was a Great Guy. Did a lot of Trading & Buying from him over the Years. He will be Missed.
James Mahler Collector of Michigan and Canadian Beer Cans and Breweriana From Both.
Shows 2015
Mid Michigan Flint WinterFest
"Cabin Fever Reliever" Hoosier Chapter Show South Bend
Luck of the Irish Erlanger KY
Spring Thaw Mechanicsburg PA
TAT 35 Green Bay Wisconsin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”