Las Vegas update

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

John H.
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
Year Started Collecting: 1974
Zodiac:
United States of America

Las Vegas update

Post by John H. »

Sorry, I didn't have any pics, but the show is winding down and I thought I'd post a few coments. While attendance was slightly lower, the show turned out pretty damned good. I've had many nice comments regarding the display, for which I am very grateful. The auction ast night drew a hefty crowd, as there were some incredible cans up for auction. A near mint Carnegie conetop sold for just over $3000, and Roy Nelson was so detemined to get the on grade Golden Glow quart, he was bidding against himself. Also there was an exceptionally nice Royal Bru conetop that sold for good money. We were all concentrated on just 2 floors, so there were no long walks or elevator rides to see everything. I purchased a reproduction Juke box at Rick's Restoration that will be used to play the music for the next show. I also purchased an old parking meter from Mike Wilbur, with a missing back; I took that to Ricks and traded it for a discount on a reproduction Texaco Fire Chief gas globe light. Becasue they are reproductions and not restorations, I should get them within the month. The waiting time for someone wanting to restore something is now up to 2 years! Yes, they're that busy. Also picked up a nice Regal Amber bottle for the 30's and a 1936 Calendar from Pabst with a picture of the old tankard can. We were glad to see the president and other officers of the BCCA as well. I hope someone will postpictures of the show, so everyone can see what a great time was had by all. Later,

JCH

chiefsman8
Zip Top
Zip Top
BCCA Number: 34319
eBay name: chiefsman8
Year Started Collecting: 1980
Zodiac:

Re: Las Vegas update

Post by chiefsman8 »

Great show! Enjoyed visiting with everyone and enjoyed checking out all of the cans.
Filled my bag with cans and emptied the wallet. Hope there will be a show next year as there is a rumour of possibly a Las Vegas Chapter which would be great. Thanks to everyone at the show for everything.
Jim
SoCal
Cone Top
Cone Top
Year Started Collecting: 1980
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: Las Vegas update

Post by SoCal »

I was there for Thursday and Friday. It's the first show I have attended. I really enjoyed meeting everyone. A special thanks to Mike W. and Steve G. for acting as my tour guides. I appreciate everyone making a newbie like me feel welcome. John's back bar display was awesome! There were plenty of great California cans. Roy had some really rare rust. Mike's poker tourney was a lot of fun. I'm sure I made a fool of myself, but I at least wasn't the first one out. :)

I picked up three cans, two of which were a St. Claire Ale from Mike and a Old Bavaria LP from Gene J. Thanks to both of you! I'll post a picture of my acquisitions when I get a chance.

Hopefully the Western States show is around next year. Corry did a great job with the logistics and Steve came through with some great beer. It's a lot of work...year round work as Corry filled me in. I hope someone is able to pick up the baton from her.

Thanks again to everyone!
Steve
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”